Share this articleFeatured in This Article
TWS, AFS announce logo contest for first-ever joint conference
The Wildlife Society and American Fisheries Society are seeking design submissions for their first-ever joint conference in 2019. The logo is an important characteristic of this historic event in Reno, Nevada, and will be used frequently in the marketing and advertisement of the event. It will be displayed through multiple communication channels of both organizations, such as wildlife.org, fisheries.org, the joint conference website, eWildlifer, and both organizations’ social media accounts, as well as on conference t-shirts, banners and more.
In addition to designing the logo for this unprecedented gathering, the winning logo designer will be awarded $200 and will receive recognition in TWS and AFS media channels.
Entries will be judged based on visual appeal of featured species, total aesthetic appeal, and adherence to the design requirements listed below. Designers/artists of the top entries may be asked to make adjustments before a final winner is selected. All entries will become the property of The Wildlife Society and American Fisheries Society, and the winning designer will be asked to sign an artwork release.
Please note that the requirements listed below have been altered slightly from past TWS logo contests in order to better represent both organizations and our joint conference.
- 2-3 graphic elements
- 2-4 colors (with a tie to the conference location)
- Include the name of the city (Reno, Nevada)
- Include the organizations’ names (The Wildlife Society & American Fisheries Society)
- Include the year (2019)
- Include at least one wildlife and one fish species native to Nevada
- Features must be clear
- Artist must hold exclusive rights to the entire artwork (individual elements of the artwork must not be copyrighted by any other individual, company or organization)