Share this articleFeatured in This Article
LAST CHANCE TO BECOME A CHARTER MEMBER
Just two weeks left to become a Charter Member of The 1,000!
Charter members are visionaries who not only recognize a need, but move to action to realize a goal. They engage without knowing if anyone else might follow, simply because they’re passionate about and dedicated to the mission.
They lead by example.
In July 2014 The Wildlife Society invited TWS members to join an elite group of individuals who we would publicly recognize as The 1,000—a group of leaders who are committed to ensuring that TWS will be universally recognized as the leaders in wildlife science, management and conservation for generations to come. We knew that if only 1,000 members would engage in this important effort, we could generate an additional annual revenue stream of at least $200,000 that would rapidly propel the Society’s strategic plan initiatives.
Since this initial launch, the response has been overwhelming with 199 Charter Members already on board, donating over $95,000. Here are just a few of the programs and activities that were strengthened or accelerated through the generosity of The 1,000:
- The Leadership Institute, the TWS program that helps early-career professionals develop leadership skills that can be used in their workplace and in TWS.
- TWS Talks, two presentations from our Annual Conference delivered to our members each week as a new, free member benefit.
- Student Travel Grants to assist students who presented at our Annual Conference in Pittsburgh.
- The weekly eWildlifer that delivers important wildlife and TWS news and announcements directly to our members’ inboxes.
- Women of Wildlife, an initiative intended to promote and support women in the wildlife profession and to provide mentoring opportunities.
- Staff travel to attend Chapter meetings, Section meetings and Student Conclaves to increase face-to-face communication and strengthen relationships with members across North America.
In less than two weeks, our inaugural year will end—and so will your chance to be a Charter Member of The 1,000. Don’t miss out on this unique opportunity to join a prestigious group of peers and colleagues who have donated $100 to $1,000 each—the trailblazing Charter Members who kicked off this pivotal leadership effort.
Click here to join The 1,000 today!