Share this articleFeatured in This Article
June 30 Deadline: Only 20 Tickets Left for Churchill!
This year, conference attendees can take advantage of a post-conference, multi-day field trip to Churchill, Manitoba with the unique opportunity to tour the northern tundra and observe wild polar bears up close! TWS Manitoba Chapter has worked with Manitoba Conservation and the Churchill Northern Studies Centre to organize an experience of a lifetime customized for wildlifers.
This five-day trip (Oct 22-26) will offer a combination of presentations, lectures and tours within the Churchill Wildlife Management Area and surrounding areas, and will accommodate all of your travel needs. Here’s an overview of the unique package that has been tailored specifically for our conference attendees:
- Visits to the polar bear holding facility, Parks Canada Interpretive Centre, Cape Merry National Historic Site, Eskimo Museum, local points of interest
- Tundra vehicle tour
- 45-minute helicopter-tour
- Presentations from Manitoba Conservation and Parks Canada
- Cultural guest speaker
- Closing evening wine and cheese reception featuring local cuisine
- Four nights’ accommodation and all meals at the CNSC
- All local transfers
- Return trip airfare Winnipeg – Churchill
But don’t delay! Due to the enthusiastic response we’ve received for this trip, only 20 tickets remain and we’re urging any interested member to register now before the June 30th deadline.
These trips are offered by Churchill Northern Studies Centre, so you must register directly through them separately from your TWS conference registration. For further information please contact CNSC at firstname.lastname@example.org or call and register by phone at 204-675-2307.
The cost of this package is $2,915 CAD. If you live in the United States, the U.S. Dollar has been performing very favorably so your cost could be significantly less. Click here to see the current exchange rate.