Welcome to the Pennsylvania Chapter of The Wildlife Society!
Our mission is to represent and serve the community of wildlife professionals in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. Chartered in 1977, PA TWS exists to serve our devoted network of scientists, managers, educators, technicians, planners, and others who work actively to study, manage, and conserve wildlife and habitats of Pennsylvania.
NEW VIRTUAL SPEAKER SERIES STARTING SOON
We are very excited to announce a monthly virtual series from PATWS! A combination of contributed and invited topics, the series will include webinars and videos with Q&A by the authors or creators. Our chapter has had a number of requests for virtual content and we hope to answer the call!
Do you have research you’d like to present as a webinar? Maybe you want to host a Q&A about a recent outdoor themed Tik Tok you made! Perhaps you’d like to share a demo about a field or lab technique? We’re interested!
Student or professional, we welcome everyone to submit an idea! Like our annual conference, we aim to provide a selection of topics in a welcoming and constructive environment.
UPCOMING VIRTUAL SPEAKERS:
Wildlife on Wifi
Dan Lynch, Pennsylvania Game Commission
1:00 PM Eastern, Wednesday, July 14, 2021
PA TWS Objectives
(1) to develop and promote sound stewardship of wildlife resources and of the environments upon which wildlife and humans depend
(2) to undertake an active role in preventing human-induced environmental degradation
(3) to increase awareness and appreciation of wildlife values
(4) to seek the highest standards in all activities of the wildlife profession
(5) to serve the specialized needs of Pennsylvania in wildlife resource management
Our parent organization, The Wildlife Society (TWS), was founded in 1937 and is an international non-profit scientific and educational association dedicated to excellence in wildlife stewardship through science and education.
PA TWS on Twitter
PA TWS on Facebook.