Welcome to the Nebraska Chapter of The Wildlife Society
The mission of The Wildlife Society is to “represent and serve the professional community of scientists, educators, technicians, planners, and others who work actively to study, manage, and conserve wildlife and its habitats worldwide”.
The Nebraska Chapter of The Wildlife Society adheres to the mission of our parent chapter and strives to take this mission a step further by:
• Providing professional growth, development, and fellowship opportunities for current professionals;
• Engaging students in the field of wildlife management and providing educational opportunities for students;
• Promoting mentorship and interaction between professionals and students;
• Recognizing and rewarding exemplary achievements by Nebraska’s professionals and students;
• Facilitating communication and information sharing amongst members via electronic media and newsletters;
• Providing political advocacy and technical assistance based on sound scientific principles; and by
• Providing a unified voice for wildlife professionals on wildlife policy issues.
Welcome to the Nebraska Chapter of The Wildlife Society’s webpage. The Nebraska Chapter is a consortium of folks whose common thread is an interest in the unique wildlife resources that can be found, studied or otherwise enjoyed in Nebraska. We are dedicated to supporting science-based conservation and fostering communication between a wide variety of wildlife students, practitioners and educators. In addition, we host an annual meeting in the state with presentations centered around a common theme.
Feel free to browse our site by navigating through the tabs at the top of the page. Among other useful links, here you will find information about our history, mission, student chapters, officers, committees, and by-laws. If you are not a member, the “Membership” link lists the benefits of membership to The Wildlife Society and includes an electronic and printable membership application to the Nebraska Chapter. We are now offering a convenient PayPal system for paying dues, making donations, and annual meeting dues as well as lifetime and sponsor memberships for your convenience.
Whether you are a wildlife biologist, wildlife manager, educator or simply an enthusiast of Nebraska’s diverse wildlife resource, we encourage you to take the next step and become a member of the Nebraska Chapter. If you are already a member, maximize what you can offer to the Nebraska Chapter by volunteering for one of our chapter committees.
2015 Chapter President
Not a member of the Nebraska Chapter? Become one now using our online form!