Welcome to the Northeast Section of The Wildlife Society
The Northeast Section of The Wildlife Society represents the concerns of wildlife professionals in 11 northeastern states (CT, DE, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, WV). We welcome your involvement in the Section and we are here to serve you, the wildlife professionals residing in the northeast.
The mission of the Northeast Section of The Wildlife Society is to foster excellence in wildlife stewardship through science and education among wildlife professionals within the northeastern United States. To accomplish this we are involved with numerous activities.
The Northeast Section of The Wildlife Society:
- Sponsors the wildlife sessions of the Northeast Fish and Wildlife Conference
- Sponsors the TWS Northeast Student Conclave
- Developed and sponsors the NE Section Field Course
- Comments on proposed laws and policies involving wildlife in the northeast
- Publishes a newsletter to keep members up-to-date with current happenings
- Honors achievements by awarding several awards
This is just a sampling of the many activities that we are involved with on an annual basis. If you’re interested in getting involved please contact us. Any questions or concerns regarding wildlife or TWS in the northeast are also welcome.
Please click here for a copy of the By-laws of the Northeast Section of The Wildlife Society.
Attention members: Don’t miss out on email communications from the Section! If you haven’t received any emails from us within the last six months it may be because we’re being blocked by a university or federal agency spam filter. If the email we have on file for you is associated with these organizations please consider updating it to your personal email address to ensure you receive communication from us. Contact one of our officers to make this change.