Non-Toxic Working Group
The Minnesota Chapter supports efforts to encourage the use of non-toxic ammunition and tackle for hunting and fishing. Following our successful plenary session “Moving Beyond Lead” at the 2014 Annual Meeting an ad-hoc Non-Toxic Working Group was formed to help advance our goals towards reducing the effects of lead ammunition and fishing tackle on wildlife in Minnesota.
There are no upcoming events at this time. More information will be added as it becomes available.
- Feature article in Pioneer Press on Jan 25
- Feature article in Outdoor News on Aug 22 (pictured below)
- Feature segment on Tom Chapin’s “Just Outdoors” program on ICTV on Oct 1 (Grand Rapids area)
- Feature article in StarTribune Outdoors page on Oct 3
- Feature article in International Falls Journal on Oct 11
- Feature article in International Falls Journal on Oct 21
- Copper ammunition brochure (pictured to the right)
Copper Bullet Demonstrations
The Minnesota Chapter is hosting hands-on demonstrations to inform and encourage the use of copper ammunition for hunting. Demonstrations will be held across the state giving hunters and others interested in the concerns surrounding lead ammunition the opportunity to view the fragmentation of lead bullets upon impact and to compare the performance of lead and copper ammunition using their own rifles or shotguns. Copper ammunition in a variety of calibers (12 Gauge, 20 Gauge, 30-06, 243 Win, 270 Win, 308 Win, 7 mm Rem Mag, and 200 Win Mag) will be provided for hunters to test.
Outdoor News Covers the August Copper Bullet Demonstration