The Student Development Working Group promotes increased student awareness of TWS membership benefits, works to expand knowledge and technical capabilities of student members, and helps prepare student members for professional wildlife careers. The working group facilitates networking between students and experienced TWS members by hosting meetings, workshops, poster sessions, a mentoring program, and a student chapter leaders’ breakfast. The working group also selects the recipient of The Wildlife Society’s Student Chapter Advisor of the Year Award.
- The election results are in and your 2018-2019 Student Development Working Group Officers are:
Chair-Elect – Laken Ganoe
Chair – Colleen Hartel
Past-Chair – Phillip Stephenson
Treasurer – Kristin Bomboy
Secretary – John Vanek
A big thank you to everyone that ran and voted! These new officers are bringing a lot of passion and drive to this working group and will officially start on the last day of the Annual Conference in Cleveland, Ohio.
- Read the latest SDWG newsletter (June 2018) – The Student Chronicles – Click here to read it!
- Follow us on Facebook!!!
SDWG DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- The Student-Research-in-Progress poster session at the TWS Annual Conference
- The Student Leader’s Breakfast at the TWS Annual Conference
- Student Mentoring at the TWS Annual Conference
- Judging the student posters and presentations at the TWS Annual Conference
- Selecting the Student Chapter Advisor of the Year