|Chapter Home||About||Join||Position Statements||Annual Meeting||Awards||Contact|
Welcome to the Alabama Chapter of The Wildlife Society (ACTWS), home of Alabama’s wildlife professionals. The ACTWS is one of 200+ TWS subunits found in the United States and has over 150 current members.
About The Wildlife Society (TWS)
The Wildlife Society (TWS), founded in 1937, is a professional international non-profit scientific and educational association dedicated to excellence in wildlife stewardship through science and education.
Our mission is to enhance the ability of wildlife professionals to conserve diversity, sustain productivity, and ensure responsible use of wildlife resources for the benefit of society.
Society members are dedicated to sustainable management of wildlife resources and their habitats. Ecology is the primary scientific discipline of the wildlife profession, therefore, the interests of the Society embrace the interactions of all organisms with their natural environments.
The Society recognizes that humans, as other organisms, have a total dependency upon the environment. It is the Society’s belief also that wildlife, in its myriad forms, is basic to the maintenance of a human culture that provides quality living.
The Society’s Goals
- Develop and maintain professional standards for wildlife research and management.
- Enhance knowledge and technical capabilities of wildlife managers.
- Advance professional stewardship of wildlife resources and their habitats.
- Advocate the use of sound biological information for wildlife policy decisions.
- Increase public awareness and appreciation of the wildlife profession.
For more information on TWS, please visit https://wildlife.org.