The North American Bird Conservation Initiative has released its 2014 Farm Bill Field Guide to Fish and Wildlife Conservation, which is now available for download.
The field guide is a tool to assist partners, like federal, state, and nongovernmental conservation organization staff, in implementing Farm Bill programs, which provide unique and robust opportunities to engage landowners in fish and wildlife habitat conservation.
The guide provides assistance in navigating and implementing programs on private lands. Biologists, foresters, range conservationists, and others who provide on-the-ground implantation of conservation actions will benefit from the guide.
The guide outlines details and provides case studies covering a number of conservation Farm Bill programs including:
- Conservation Reserve Program
- Agricultural Conservation Easement Program
- Environmental Quality Incentives Program
- Conservation Innovation Grants
- Conservation Stewardship Program
- Healthy Forests Reserve Program
- Regional Conservation Partnership Program
- Voluntary Public Access and Habitat Incentive Program
The Appalachian Mountains Joint Venture, Association of Fish and Wildlife Agencies, Intermountain West Joint Venture, The Nature Conservancy, Pheasants Forever and Quail Forever, Point Blue Conservation Science, and Rocky Mountain Bird Observatory worked with the North American Bird Conservation Initiative to publish the guide.
Download the guide here.