|Section Home||About||Membership||Annual Meeting||News||Contact
Welcome to the Northeast Section of The Wildlife Society
The Northeast Section of The Wildlife Society represents the concerns of wildlife professionals in 11 northeastern states (CT, DE, MA, ME, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, VT, WV). We welcome your involvement in the Section and we are here to serve you, the wildlife professionals residing in the northeast.
The MISSION of the Northeast Section of The Wildlife Society is to foster excellence in wildlife stewardship through science and education among wildlife professionals within the northeastern United States. To accomplish this we are involve with numerous activities.
The Northeast Section of The Wildlife Society:
- Sponsors the wildlife sessions of the Northeast Fish and Wildlife Conference
- Sponsors the TWS Northeast Student Conclave
- Developed and sponsors a Student Wildlife Camp
- Comment on proposed laws and policies involving wildlife in the northeast
- Publish a newsletter to keep members up-to-date with current happenings
- Honor achievements by awarding several awards
This is just a sampling of the many activities that we are involved with on an annual basis. The Annual Meeting for TWS will be held in Pittsburgh, PA in 2015 and will provide ample opportunity for volunteerism. We also have a number of issues related to the energy sector potentially affecting wildlife in the northeast and we will need expertise in dealing with them. If you have a desire to be involved please contact me and I will be happy to take you up on your request. Any questions or concerns regarding wildlife or TWS in the northeast are also welcome.
Please click here for a copy of the By-laws of the Northeast Section of The Wildlife Society.