Membership is open to wildlife professionals, students and supporters who are interested in wildlife science, management and conservation.
Join online or download our membership form to begin taking advantage of the benefits of TWS membership and to show your commitment to sustaining healthy wildlife populations and habitats for generations to come!
TWS membership benefits provide you with opportunities to network, learn, get involved and to support the wildlife profession. While there are many benefits to membership, the core benefits include:
- The Wildlife Professional magazine filled with compelling features on science-based wildlife management and conservation insights, techniques and best practices. Members also have access to the digital version of the magazine through the “Log In” link at the top of the website.
- The eWildlifer e-newsletter, sent weekly to your inbox, providing you with links to the latest news from TWS headquarters, policy issues that impact wildlife and wild places, updates on activities and conferences from our TWS Local Network of sections and chapters across North America and wildlife news.
- TWS Talks, provides access to more than 100 recorded presentations from our most recent Annual Conference on a wide variety of wildlife topics. Members receive links to two presentations per week, delivered directly to your email inbox.
- $200 discount on our annual conference registration fee. You save more than twice the cost of regular membership dues and nearly five times the cost of student membership dues!
- 25% discounts on Wiley scientific books and 30% discounts on Johns Hopkins books.
- Access to members-only Working Groups (small additional annual fee) on a wide range of topics, including:
- Climate change and its impact on wildlife
- Biological diversity
- College and university wildlife education
- Hunting, trapping and conservation
- Early career professionals
- Student development
- Wildlife diseases … and many more!
- The opportunity to become a Certified Wildlife Biologist or an Associate Wildlife Biologist through our TWS professional certification program.
- The opportunity to increase the impact of your voice on important wildlife policy issues by joining other TWS members in organized efforts to contact policymakers through our Action Alerts and our Conservation Affairs Network.
- Members-only discounts on subscriptions and recent past issues of:
- The Journal of Wildlife Management, published since 1937 and one of the world’s leading scientific journals covering wildlife science, management and conservation.
- Wildlife Monographs, single topic, peer-reviewed studies on specific problems and issues in wildlife science, management and conservation.
- The Wildlife Society Bulletin (WSB), a peer-reviewed, scientific publication containing papers related to wildlife management, conservation law enforcement, conservation education, economics, administration, philosophy, ethics and contemporary resource problems.
- Free web access to issues of The Journal of Wildlife Management, Wildlife Monographs, and the Wildlife Society Bulletin dated prior to 2004.
TWS members are also encouraged to take advantage of:
- Additional networking and information-sharing opportunities through our TWS Local Network of section, state and provincial chapters. (Additional annual dues required)
- Discussion, networking and information-sharing opportunities through our Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn social media networks. LinkedIn is only open to wildlife professionals and students enrolled in wildlife education programs.
Membership Designed to Meet Your Needs!
Important Note: North American members receive the print copy of The Wildlife Professional magazine and can also access the digital edition through the “Log In” link on this website. Members outside of North America can access the digital edition, but do not receive print copies.
Regular ($81 annually)
Wildlife professionals and all others interested in supporting wildlife science, management and conservation. Click here to join today!
New Professional ($51 annually)
Graduates of a full-time, college-level wildlife or directly-related curricula and who have less than three years employment experience in the wildlife profession. Click here to join today!
Student ($41 annually)
Full-time or part-time college students pursuing a career in wildlife conservation and management. Student membership may not exceed seven years. Click here to join today!
Retired ($41 annually)
Individuals who are retired from full-time employment and have been a TWS member for 25 or more years. Click here to join today!
Family ($125 annually)
Family Membership is available to any two wildlife professionals residing at the same address and includes a single copy of the magazine. Both individuals must complete separate application forms that use the same address. Only one dues payment is made. Mail both forms with payment. The household receives one copy of The Wildlife Professional (and digital access) through this membership. Click here to join today!
Government Agency ($1,800)
Government agencies or institutions with an interest in supporting the programs of The Wildlife Society. Typically, these are agencies that employ wildlife professionals and are involved in wildlife conservation and management as part of their mission. This is a non-voting membership. Click here to join today!