Spotlight your photography work in this year’s Wildlife Photo Gallery and Contest! The virtual contest is open to all TWS members and is a great way to share wildlife experiences captured on camera. All TWS members will have the opportunity to vote on the winners for each category, as well as Best-in-Show. Cash prizes will be awarded!
Submissions will open on Sept. 1 and close on Sept. 30 or once 300 photos are submitted, whichever occurs first.
- Must be a current TWS member to enter the photo contest
- Entrant must have taken the photograph(s) and possess all rights to its distribution and use
- Entries cannot include photographs submitted to a previous TWS photo contest
- Each entrant may submit a maximum of two photos TOTAL
- Images that have been slightly enhanced by filters or marginally altered to remove scratches or dust, may be entered in any category
- Images that have been extensively altered by high dynamic range imaging, removal or addition of objects, or duplication of elements must be entered in the Creative / Comedic category
- Images of captive animals or cultivated plants may be entered into any category, but this status must be described on the associated entry form; please refer to the North American Nature Photography Association (NANPA) standards for truth in captioning
- Photographs captured and submitted to the contest should adhere to the NANPA Principles of Ethical Field Practices
- Amphibians, Reptiles, and Fish
- Creative / Comedic
- Game Cam
- Human Dimensions
- Landscapes & Still Life (including flora)
- Mobile Phone
VOTING & PRIZES
TWS members will be asked to vote online for their favorite photos in each category, which will determine the winners! Winners will be notified and announced in TWS communication channels by early December.
- Best-in-Show – $100
- Category winners – $50
Entrants retain ownership and all other rights to photographs submitted to the Wildlife Photo Gallery and Contest (Contest) subject to the following: By entering the Contest, each entrant grants to The Wildlife Society (TWS) a non-exclusive, irrevocable license to reproduce, publish and display submitted images (with credit to the photographer) in all media throughout the world including but not limited to use in the context of the TWS website and social media channels as well as TWS promotional and marketing materials or any other communications medium currently existing or later created. Should commercial opportunities regarding an image present itself, TWS will negotiate with entrants separately.
Questions? For questions, please email email@example.com.