Molecular Ecology Working Group Student Travel Award
The Molecular Ecology Working Group Student Travel Award will provide up to $250 to TWS student members attending The Wildlife Society’s Annual Conference. This award will be given to 1-2 current or recently graduated students annually, contingent upon sufficient MEWG funds.
Applicants must meet the following eligibility standards:
- A member of The Wildlife Society and MEWG Working Group
- A current graduate or undergraduate student, or recent graduate (degree received during previous 12 months)
- Presenting author of an accepted talk or poster in a subject area relevant to the MEWG
- Willing to contribute to MEWG activities, such as help onsite with booth, blog/newsletter contribution, and so on
- Must not have received the travel award in the previous year
Application to include:
- A statement (<300 words) describing the benefit(s) you expect to obtain from attendance at this meeting. How will attendance enhance your career goals?
- A budget showing projected conference travel expenses and any other potential travel funding
- Abstract of accepted talk/poster
Applications will be reviewed by the MEWG Executive Board. Deadline for applications is June 1, 2019 and notification of awards will be made by July 1, 2019.