Accomplishments of the Inclusion, Diversity, Equity and Awareness Working Group
A full list of accomplishments is also available here (updated in 2017)
- Administers the annual TWS Diversity Award (12 awardees, 2002‐2014)
- Recognition for TWS Past‐President Wini Kessler on STEM’s 100 Women Leaders
- The Future of Diversity in our Disciplines and our Careers: Natural Resources and the Environment, Virginia Tech (2013)
- Mamie Parker (2012), Seafha Tuttle (2010), Roel Lopez and Columbus Brown (2012)
- Scholarship programs
- Women of Wildlife (WOW)
- Native Peoples’ Wildlife Management WG
- TWS Position statement on workforce diversity
- Homyack, Jessica, Schweitzer, Sara and Tabitha Graves. 2014. Institutional Biases And Barriers To Women In The Science And Technical Fields: What The Research Tells Us. The Wildlife Professional. 8: 48‐52.
- Lopez, Roel, and Columbus H. Brown. 2011. Why diversity matters; broadening our reach will sustain natural resources. The Wildlife Professional 5:20‐27.
- Brown, Columbus H. 2011. Lessons learned from life experiences. The Wildlife Professional 5:28‐29.Blount, Seafha. 2011. Crossing the cultural divide. The Wildlife Professional 5:30‐31.
- Unger, Katherine. 2011. A sense of belonging; John Robinson helps all feel at home in nature. The Wildlife Professional 5:32‐33.
- LaRoe, Lisa Moore. 2011. A person of vision; one woman’s quest to engage people with nature. The Wildlife Professional 5:34.
- 2015 – A Diversified Profession: Are We There Yet? (2015)
- Human Diversity and Changing Professional Identities in Wildlife (2014))Women’s Increasing Role in the Wildlife Profession: Leveraging Strengths and Understanding Differences (2013)
- Understanding and Leveraging Differences in the Workplace (2013)