The Colorado Chapter of the Wildlife Society’s 2017 Annual Meeting will be in Fort Collins, CO from February 15-17, 2017.
Highlights of this years conference include:
- Half-day wildlife necropsy workshop
- Full-day symposium on wolf management
- Half-day plenary on carnivore ecology and management
- Contributed papers
- Welcome social, poster session, awards banquet
VENUE AND LODGING
The meeting will be held at the Hilton Fort Collins at 425 West Prospect Ave. in Fort Collins, CO 80526. Discounted room rates are available on-line through January 15 (or until the block of rooms is full) by clicking HERE.
Click HERE to download the draft meeting agenda. The agenda will be updated with additional details as they become available.
Abstracts will be available on-line once final papers and posters are accepted.
Wildlife Necropsy Workshop. Wednesday, February 15. Half-day workshop (12 pm – 5 pm). Lunch provided?
Wolf Management Symposium. Wednesday, February 15. Full-day workshop (8 am – 5 pm; lunch on your own).
CALL FOR PAPERS
Abstracts for presentations and posters are due Friday, December 9, 2016. Please email abstract submissions for presentations and posters to Aran Johnson by Friday, December 9, 2017. Click HERE to download the Call for Papers.
The Turner Endangered Species Fund sponsored the Wolf Symposium.
Click HERE for the 2017 Call for Awards. We are currently seeking nominations for the following awards: Douglas L. Gilbert Award for Outstanding Achievements in Wildlife Sciences, Professional Achievement in Wildlife Management, Professional Achievement in Wildlife Education, Professional Achievement in Wildlife Law Enforcement, Honorary Chapter Membership, Allen E. Anderson Award for Outstanding Wildlife Undergraduate Student, Chapter Service Award, Meritorious Service Award, and the Blown Blunderbuss Award. For a description and history of awards, see our Awards page. Please send nominations for awards to Eric Bergman by January 13, 2017.
On-line meeting registration will be available starting in mid-October. Regular registration includes the Wednesday welcome social, Thursday lunch, and Thursday night banquet. Registration for the Wednesday Wildlife Field Forensics workshop includes lunch. Non-member registration is $15 extra but includes a 1-year membership to CCTWS. Workshop-only registration, symposium-only, and extra banquet ticket options are also available. See the list of registration options below.
MEETING & WORKSHOP (Includes Wednesday lunch, Wednesday welcome social, Thursday lunch, and Thursday Banquet)
(1) REGULAR MEMBER Meeting & Wildlife Necropsy Workshop
(2) NON-MEMBER Meeting & Wildlife Necropsy Workshop (includes 1-year CCTWS membership)
(3) STUDENT/RETIRED MEMBER Meeting & Wildlife Necropsy Workshop
MEETING & SYMPOSIUM (Includes Wednesday lunch, Wednesday welcome social, Thursday lunch, and Thursday Banquet)
(4) REGULAR MEMBER Meeting & Wolf Management Symposium
(5) NON-MEMBER Meeting & Wolf Management Symposium (includes 1-year CCTWS membership)
(6) STUDENT/RETIRED MEMBER Meeting & Wolf Management Symposium
MEETING ONLY (Includes Wednesday welcome social, Thursday lunch, and Thursday Banquet)
(7) REGULAR MEMBER Meeting Only
(8) NON-MEMBER Meeting Only (includes 1 year CCTWS membership)
(9) STUDENT/RETIRED MEMBER Meeting Only
WORKSHOP ONLY (includes ______)
(10) REGULAR MEMBER or NON-MEMBER Wildlife Necropsy Workshop Only
(11) STUDENT/RETIRED MEMBER Wildlife Necropsy Workshop Only
SYMPOSIUM ONLY (lunch not provided)
(12) REGULAR MEMBER or NON-MEMBER Wolf Management Symposium Only
(13) STUDENT/RETIRED MEMBER Wolf Management Symposium Only
EXTRA BANQUET TICKET* (use to purchase 1 extra Banquet ticket, requires a separate PayPal transaction from registration options)
(14) Extra banquet ticket