The Diversity Award recognizes an individual or organization for outstanding efforts in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion in the natural resource-related professions, especially wildlife conservation and education. The award recognizes and honors promotion of and support for diversity, equity, and inclusion in the workforce, academic enrollment, or organizational membership.
Both individuals and organizations are eligible for the award. Individuals include anyone participating in a natural resource field. Organizations include public agencies, institutions of higher education, companies, and non-governmental organizations.
Evaluation criteria for individuals are as follows:
- Tangible Results
Evaluation criteria for organizations are as follows:
- Innovation and Creativity
- Resource Investment
- Overcoming Challenges and Obstacles
- Sustained Efforts
- Tangible Results
The primary letter of nomination should address how the nominee has excelled in one or more of the following pursuits:
- Demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Demonstrated innovation in design and implementation of diversity, equity, and inclusion programs
- Achieved tangible results (e.g., recruitment, mentoring, funding, program implementation)
- And may also include other relevant factors to further describe the impact and contribution of the nominee’s accomplishments and the value of their efforts towards furthering diversity.
Nominations can be submitted by a second party or can be self-nominated.
Packages should include a letter of nomination and at least one letter of support from another source. Contact information for the primary nominator and for the supporting reference(s) must be included.
Submit these materials via email to firstname.lastname@example.org. The nomination and complete supporting documentation should be sent as a single PDF file by May 1, 2022 at 11:59 PM EDT.
Nominations of unsuccessful candidates remain in the candidate pool for a maximum of three years, unless the individual is re-nominated.