The Student Development Working Group promotes increased student awareness of TWS membership benefits, works to expand knowledge and technical capabilities of student members, and helps prepare student members for professional wildlife careers. The working group facilitates networking between students and experienced TWS members by hosting meetings, workshops, poster sessions, a mentoring program, and a student chapter leaders’ breakfast. The working group also selects the recipient of The Wildlife Society’s Student Chapter Advisor of the Year Award.
- SDWG logo design contest: Calling all students – the Student Development Working Group announces a call for a new logo design! The new logo will be voted on by the SDWG membership and the designer of the winning logo will receive the field guide of his/her choice (up to a $50 value). Submissions will be accepted until April 30.
- Read the latest SDWG newsletter (Feb. 2017) – The Student Chronicles – Click here to read it!
- The election results are in! Read the officer bios here. Congrats to our newly elected executive board!
- Follow us on Facebook!!!
SDWG DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- The Student-Research-in-Progress poster session at the TWS Annual Conference
- The Student Leader’s Breakfast at the TWS Annual Conference
- Student Mentoring at the TWS Annual Conference
- Judging the student posters and presentations at the TWS Annual Conference
- Selecting the Student Chapter Advisor of the Year