The Student Development Working Group promotes increased student awareness of TWS membership benefits, works to expand knowledge and technical capabilities of student members, and helps prepare student members for professional wildlife careers. The working group facilitates networking between students and experienced TWS members by hosting meetings, workshops, poster sessions, a mentoring program, and a student chapter leaders’ breakfast. The working group also selects the recipient of The Wildlife Society’s Student Chapter Advisor of the Year Award.
SDWG Election is NOW OPEN! Please login and vote by August 17. Members can login using their email address and last name.
- Read the latest SDWG newsletter (June 2018) – The Student Chronicles – Click here to read it!
- Student travel award: The SDWG is offering three travel awards to help undergraduate and graduate students attend the 2018 TWS Annual Conference in Cleveland, Ohio, October 7-11, 2018. These travel grants will cover the recipients’ conference registration. Applications are due July 1, 2018. Click here for more information.
- Follow us on Facebook!!!
SDWG DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- The Student-Research-in-Progress poster session at the TWS Annual Conference
- The Student Leader’s Breakfast at the TWS Annual Conference
- Student Mentoring at the TWS Annual Conference
- Judging the student posters and presentations at the TWS Annual Conference
- Selecting the Student Chapter Advisor of the Year