The Student Development Working Group promotes increased student awareness of TWS membership benefits, works to expand knowledge and technical capabilities of student members, and helps prepare student members for professional wildlife careers. The working group facilitates networking between students and experienced TWS members by hosting meetings, workshops, poster sessions, a mentoring program, and a student chapter leaders’ breakfast. The working group also selects the recipient of The Wildlife Society’s Student Chapter Advisor of the Year Award.
- Student travel award: The Student Development Working Group (SDWG) is offering 2 (two) travel awards to help one undergraduate and one graduate student attend the 2017 TWS Annual Conference in Albuquerque, NM (23-27 September, 2017). This travel grant will cover the recipient’s early-registration cost. Applications are DUE 30 JUNE, 2017 (Same date as early registration). Click here for more information.
- Call for nominations
Are you a student member of The Wildlife Society? Have you been looking for ways to get more involved? Well now is your chance!The Student Development Working Group is announcing their call for nominations for the 2017-2018 officers! Positions available include: Treasurer, Secretary, and Chair-Elect. The Treasurer and Secretary positions are one-year terms, and the Chair-Elect will serve a 3-year term (one year as Chair-Elect, Chair, and Past-Chair consecutively).If you are interested in learning more, or would like to run for a position, email Kristi Confortin at firstname.lastname@example.org. To submit your nomination, please include a brief biography and photo. Nominations are due by June 30, 2017.
- Position descriptions are available on page three of the Working Group’s bylaws.
- Read the latest SDWG newsletter (May 2017) – The Student Chronicles – Click here to read it!
- Follow us on Facebook!!!
SDWG DUTIES AND FUNCTIONS:
- The Student-Research-in-Progress poster session at the TWS Annual Conference
- The Student Leader’s Breakfast at the TWS Annual Conference
- Student Mentoring at the TWS Annual Conference
- Judging the student posters and presentations at the TWS Annual Conference
- Selecting the Student Chapter Advisor of the Year