The deadline for the 2017 Wayne Sandfort Student Travel Grant is July 15, 2017.
The Central Mountains and Plains Section (CMPS) of The Wildlife Society (TWS) announces the availability of travel grants for students planning on attending the Society’s 2017 Annual Conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico. Travel grants of up to $500 each will be awarded to a limited number of Student Chapters of TWS to assist with expenses incurred while attending the TWS Annual Conference. Students may apply through their college Student Chapter of TWS or individually to CMPS. Applications must be submitted electronically by July 15, 2017 to CMPS President, Andrea Orabona (Andrea.Orabona@wyo.gov).
Preference will be given to:
- Current undergraduate students.
- Students who are currently or who have recently been involved in activities of TWS, CMPS, or a local TWS Chapter.
- Group applications of up to three individuals may be submitted through Student Chapters of TWS located within the CMPS geographic boundary.
To be eligible, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be a member of the State or Student Chapter.
- Be a member of the Central Mountains and Plains Section.
- Be a member of The Wildlife Society.
- Be a recent Baccalaureate graduate or enrolled at least half time in a program leading to a degree in wildlife biology or a closely related field at a college or university within the geographic boundary of CMPS.
Who was Wayne Sandfort?